Facebook & Pinterest

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Glowing goddess Smoothie

Why!? Because it's good for you! You don't need a whole lot  to reap the benefits of a smoothie. So what, you don't have Flax seed or Hemp seed. You will loose protein, But , I just have a scoop of Peanut Butter with my smoothie, not in my smoothie.  This concoction aids in hydration, energy, mental focus and immunity. You literally glow! I drink one a day as my Breakfast and love the results.  I like to use organic, homegrown, or local ingredients... However its the wrong time of year here. So I buy as organic as possible.   I had the pleasure of working as an extra on a movie set and noticed this was something all the screen goddesses had for breakfast.  I do not know their ingredients,  I just know I love the results from this below.  You can sub Blueberries or Grapes for Apples ,Kiwis for Melon and add mint, cilantro and other herbs for taste.  Have fun and build your own!

Averages to almost 1 cup each 
1 Organic Apple -
1 Frozen Banana  -  Leave out for less calories if desired
1 Cup Melon - Cantaloupe or Honey Dew
1/2 Cucumber
1/2 stalk celery  = 1/2 cup
Handful - Spinach, Kale or Both
1/2 cup crush ice
1/2 - 1 cup water  (Your Preference and depends on processor)





You may add the following for taste if you choose.. 

Fresh Cilantro
1/2 tsp Sea salt optional
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder  - Optional - Cause it's never hurt anyone and I put it in everything

Blend in Ninja or Processor. I drink half and save the rest for lunch or share the rest with my husband. I just make sure I get the one in per day and  I notice remarkable results with my energy, focus, weight management and Glowing skin :).  As with anything you will see results after about a week of consistently drinking one for breakfast each day.  This combined with a clean diet and exercise will aid helping you feel your full potential. Stay tuned for clean eating recipes and organic gardening :) 

Benefits

Apple
Rich in antioxidants
Fiber
Lowers level of cholesterol

Banana
Regularity
Aid in Weight loss
Potassium 
Vitamin B6 

Melon
B Vitamins 
Vitamin K 
Fiber

Celery -
Reduces inflammation, 
Contains Magnesium which helps soothe the nervous system
Lowers Blood Pressure 
Removes Bad cholesterol 
Contains Vitamin A

Spinach  
Folate
Protein
Zinc
Calcium
Magnesium


Kale -  
Anti Inflammatory
Cardiovascular Support
Vitamin A &C
Calcium 
Top Detox food 

#greensmoothie #greengoddesssmoothie #health #weightloss #detox #nutrininja #spinach #goodforyou #healthyeating #smoothie #mentalfocus #energy #immunity

No comments:

Post a Comment